Apple has iOS 14.5 Published After more than two months of general beta testing. It’s unusually long, but iOS 14.5 is an unusually feature-packed release with significant updates and fixes (this one is available) News release). Unfortunately, after Apple The better Recently Registration, iOS 14.5 has more issues than usual. Everything you need to know is here.
Tip: Bookmark this page because I’ll keep up to date with new issues. I will give my final verdict in a week.
Who is this for?
Apple has released iOS 14.5 for all iOS 13-compatible devices. This means the iPhone 6S and the new and 7th generation iPod Touch. If you do not receive the automatic update notification, you can trigger the update manually Settings> General> Software Update. Beta testers, if you are running a later version of iOS 14 as you read this (see ‘The Road Ahead’ section at the end), you should definitely Remove your iPhone Shows before iOS 14.5.
IPad owners, Apple has moved you IPods. This is not an iPod-centric wizard, but I will touch on the issues associated with these wizards.
Jailbreakers upgrade to iOS 14.5 with your jailbreak and popular jailbreak groups Unc0ver (limited to iOS 14.3) and checkra1n (Runs on limited Apple devices A9 (X) chipsets And old) fall behind, you have to keep. Maybe, for some time.
There are also reasons why non-jailbreakers should have. After several polished releases, iOS 14.5 introduces several issues. The bug that disables the ability to change application tracking transparency (ADT) is a significant new feature. It comes from Widely Announced Updates and both iPhone and iPod users report ATT Failed To list No applications. I have written Exclusive post on this here.
Additionally, iOS 14.5 is one Breaking Or Stumbling block Podcasts Others report bugs With carplay, Opening is delayed Via Apple Watch (see feature list below) and isolated reports Connection issues With airboats, high Battery drain And Application switch crashes.
So what do you get?
Apple iOS 14.5 One Generation iOS Release Features the longest release notes I’ve seen outside:
Open the iPhone with the Apple Watch
- Ability to unlock your iPhone X and later Apple Watch Series 3 and then when trying to use Face ID while wearing the mask
Airtake and my find
- Find my keys, find your keys, wallet, purse and more privately and safely Airtake support to find in my app
- The U1 chip on the iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 models uses the Ultra Whiteband to guide you directly to your nearest airtail, using accurate detection visuals, audible and haptic feedback.
- The airtake can be detected by turning on the sound via the built-in speaker
- My Find Network with hundreds of millions of devices will help you find it even if your airtake is not nearby
- Lost Mode will notify you when your airtake is detected, and you can enter a contact phone number
- Support for individual skin tones for each person in all variations of couples with two kissing emojis and heart emojis
- Girl with new face emojis, heart emojis, beard emoji
- Siri now includes very different voice options
- When you wear your Airboats or compatible Beats headphones, you can notify incoming calls through Siri, including who is calling, and you can answer hands-free
- Group FaceTime calls are supported by asking a group name for ‘Fasttime’ from the contact list or messages.
- You can call ‘Siri’ and call emergency contacts
- Application Tracking Transparency allows you to control which applications of other companies for advertising and which apps are allowed to monitor your activity on websites or sharing with data brokers.
- Share your favorite songs using news, Facebook and Instagram stories, subscribers can play snippets in the news without leaving the conversation
- City Maps City charts show the most popular of more than 100 cities
- Podcasts display pages have been redesigned to make it easier to start listening
- The option to save and download chapters automatically adds them to your library for quick access
- Download behavior and notification settings can be customized on a show-by-show basis
- The best charts and popular categories in the search help to discover new shows
- Dual SIM support enables 5G connectivity on line using cellular data on iPhone 12 models
- Smart data mode upgrades further enhance your experience on 5G networks for better battery life and data usage on iPhone 12 models.
- 5G international roaming is enabled on the carriers supported on the iPhone 12 models
- Redesigned News + Tab helps Apple News + subscribers quickly identify, download and manage press and newspaper issues
- All new search experience to help you find relevant topics, channels and stories
- You can laugh at accidents, dangers or speed tests on your route on your iPhone or CarPlay.
- While cycling or walking, in addition to driving, you can share estimated time (ETA) by listening to ‘Siri’ or by tapping on the root card at the bottom of the screen or tapping on the stock ETA.
- Ability to sort reminders by title, priority, appropriate date or date of creation
- Option to print your reminder lists
- You can adjust the translation playback speed by pressing the Play button for a long time
- Xbox Series XS Wireless Controller or Sony PS5 DualSense TM Wireless Controller Support
- Ability to stream audio and video content from Apple Fitness + Exercises to Orplay 2-powered TVs and devices
- You can easily share the ETA on ‘Apple Map’ while driving with the new ‘Siri’ or keyboard controls on ArCarPlay.
There’s a lot of processing here. Unlocking the mask-friendly via Apple Watch (although some reports may be slow), Apple’s (acceptably non-standard) ADT release, Ways-inspired risk report on Apple maps, support for airtacks and major updates to Siri, reminders and podcasts (the latter is also complicated at startup).
In addition there are bug fixes:
- Messages at the bottom of the thread may be hidden by the keyboard under certain circumstances
- Deleted messages may still appear in Spotlight Search
- Messages may continue to fail in sending texts in some texts
- Mail will not accept new emails for some users until the device is restarted
- The Call Block and Identity section does not appear in the phone settings
- iCloud tabs do not appear in Safari
- May prevent iiCloud’s tweet from being turned off
- Reminders generated via Siri can be set without knowing the early hours of the morning
- The battery health reporting system will review the maximum battery capacity and peak performance on the iPhone 11 models to address misconceptions about battery health reporting for some users.
- Optimization to reduce the appearance of dim gloss that may appear at reduced brightness levels with a black background on the iPhone 12 models
- Audio routing of airports to faulty device for automatic switching
- Airboats automatic change notifications may be missing or duplicated
Apple iOS 14.5 Verdict: Hold on
For many, the rich feature set of iOS 14.5 will prove to be inevitable, and it is understandable. For everyone else, however, the number of issues reported in the first 24 hours after release is worrying. I expect Apple to prioritize the release of an iOS 14.5.1 update. So, if you can, resist the urge to improve for now.
Note: I will update this guide and issue my final judgment within a week.
The road ahead
Apple is testing iOS 14.6 beta. There are no obvious new features in the initial release, but as a ‘key point’ release, I expect some of the next beta to be added. I strongly doubt that we will get iOS 14.5.1 long before this is released.
Follow Garden Facebook
More on Forbes