Coles customer warns fellow shoppers to be wary after revealing a bizarre experience with a popular purchase.
Posting on Facebook, shopkeeper Darren said he was shocked to see a bottle of Coles brand. Mom’s Pizza Sauce His pantry exploded.
The customer said he woke up to a “crash in the kitchen” and soon discovered the unused pizza sauce had exploded.
A picture shared by Darren shows the pizza sauce scattered on the pantry door and the entire contents of the cupboard.
Darren said he was disappointed by the incident.
“You might want to put a warning on your mom’s pizza sauce bottle – Warning: the bottle could explode for no reason,” he wrote on Facebook.
“I bought this pizza sauce last weekend (27/3) and couldn’t use it. I woke up to a bang in the kitchen this morning and found this in my pantry.
“This is my recommendation to anyone in their pantry, remove it.”
Responding to the shopkeeper’s position, Coles The representative said the supermarket was keen to investigate the incident and could follow up with the report by asking for more details.
“We are proud of the quality of our products, so it is disappointing to hear from your experience,” the representative said.
“In the meantime, you can return to the store with your receipt for packaging or full receipt or alternatively. We are so sorry for the unpleasant experience! “
7NEWS.com.au has approached Coles for further feedback.