Two Nova Scouts with COVID-19 died at home from virus-related complications, provincial officials said Tuesday.
People, a woman in her 50s and a man in her 70s, lived in the Central Zone, which includes the Halifax area.
Dr. Robert Strong, the provincial chief medical officer, said on one occasion, health officials only learned that the person had contracted COVID-19 after the person died. He did not say when the two died.
“This is a really sad day,” Strong said at an afternoon conference with Prime Minister Ian Rank.
The province waives any ambulance fees for those infected with the virus who have to go to the hospital in an emergency. “Don’t fight at home,” Rankin said.
153 new cases on Tuesday
There have now been 69 cow-related deaths in Nova Scotia since the outbreak began, 53 of them were in the Northwood long-term care home in Halifax last spring.
On Tuesday, 153 new Govt-19 cases were reported in the province. There are 139 cases in the Central Zone, 10 in the Eastern Zone, three in the Northern Zone and one in the Western Zone.
There are 1,060 active cases in the province. Cases are between 10 and 90 years old
Nova Scotia Health Authority labs completed 19,174 tests on Monday, the highest daily number ever.
At a COVID-19 conference on Monday, Strong said he was still somewhat distracted by a setback in the implementation of new daily case tests and the entry of data into the health officer’s microbiological laboratories. On Tuesday, the appendix was said to have been cleared.
8 people in intensive care
The hospital currently has 37 patients with COVID-19, 8 of whom are in intensive care.
Intensive care units in Nova Scotia are now treating more COVID-19 patients than at any other time since the onset of the epidemic. The provincial health commission said Hospitals are getting ready to be even busier.
Strong acknowledged that the province was at a critical juncture. Not only are more people being hospitalized by the virus, but surgeries are being delayed for patients with chronic problems.
“We have a path, we are at a crossroads, we put things – now, which path we take really depends on how people follow it,” Strong said.
Strong noted that while cases continue, hospital admissions, ICU admissions, and deaths usually increase by two to three weeks.
He said the Nova Scotia health-care system was now planning for it and figuring out how to deal with any downturn.
Restrictions may be extended
Current locking operations This includes the order to close all schools and not to leave the municipality where you live. Except in a few exceptional circumstances, Do not be with anyone outside your home.
Strong said authorities will evaluate things next week, but this would extend a “safe assumption” restrictions.
There are police Issued dozens of fines, Which now starts at $ 2,000 per person, just the last few days. Nearly 800 tickets have been issued for violations of the health care law since the outbreak began last year.
The Health Commission reported COVID-19 exposures on Tuesday evening at two Halifax area locations and on Halifax transit buses and two aircraft. Visit Full list of expressions For more information.
Laboratory testing guidelines were changed last week when backlog was announced. Previously available to all Nova Scots 16 and over, laboratory tests are now defined as:
- Anyone with symptoms.
- Anyone declared to be involved in a known case, even if asymptomatic.
- Anyone who has been to a publicly listed exposure site, or who has been notified directly by public health, they have come to an exposure site. This includes anyone who is asymptomatic and classified as a low-risk expression.
- Anyone who has traveled outside of Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador, even if they are asymptomatic.
- Anyone who has been tested before surgery.
Quick testing is still available to everyone Pop-up sites in the province. This week, a quick test is planned in Halifax, Sydney, Bridgewater and Membardo.
As of Monday, 325,218 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine had been administered in Nova Scotia, including a second dose of 36,687. That means about 33 percent of the population has received at least one dose, and about 3.7 percent have received both doses.
Vaccine eligibility is open by age, and the province plans to open access to all by June 16th.
Currently, 50 or more people are eligible to record the appointment for any approved footage – Pfizer-BioNtech, Moderna or AstroGeneca-Oxford – while only 40-49 are eligible for the AstroGeneca-Oxford vaccine.
Atlantic Canada Case Numbers
- Newfoundland and Labrador Four new COVID-19 cases were reported on Tuesday, involving at least three of those trips. There are still 56 active cases in the province.
- New Brunswick Four new cases were reported Tuesday, and 850 people are self-employed in the province. There are 141 active cases.
- PEI A new case was announced on Tuesday, and the number of active cases has dropped to seven.