PANDEMIC – While the situation in some countries has not really improved, in other places progress has been compromised by an unexpected resurgence. Overview.
Aureli Lok –
Around the world, the health situation is improving with the general decline in pollution cases and the progress of the vaccine campaign, with some epidemiologists already announcing a fourth wave, especially due to delta variation. Rise of the epidemic already seen in some countries.
Corona virus: an epidemic that shakes the planet
Rise again due to delta variation
There has been a resurgence of the epidemic in some countries, where improvement in the situation and the vaccination campaign have made it possible to eliminate health restrictions. This increase in cases, mainly linked to the delta variant, concerns:
– Australia : All eyes are on Sydney. Authorities imposed a full two-week restructuring of the city on June 26 in the wake of the outbreak of new cases caused by the delta variation. In this country, so far Govt has spread, more than 80 people have tested positive this week,
All are connected to the driver who drove the flight crew to isolated hotels from Sydney Airport. For its part, New Zealand allows flights without an air bubble to isolate Australia for three days on June 26.
– United Kingdom : As of June 22, nearly 65% of people received the first dose, mainly AstraZeneca. If the country had benefited from the improvement of the situation since the end of April with an average of nearly 2,000 cases in seven days, it would not have yet come out of the epidemic. As of Wednesday, more than 15,800 new cases had been identified. Faced with the rise of the delta variant, which now represents almost 90% of new epidemics, Prime Minister Boris Johnson has postponed the last anti-Govt.
– Portugal : On Tuesday, the country recorded nearly 1,500 new corona virus infections in 24 hours, the new daily record since February 20th. Two days ago, the Portuguese National Institutes of Health (INSA) announced that the delta variant dominated the larger Lisbon region, with more than 60% of new cases diagnosed. Health Minister agrees to be in the country “Act differently“To avoid this spread, Portugal is the only country in the EU where British tourists can visit for three weeks from mid-May to early June, while the delta variant that appeared in India was already in circulation in the United Kingdom.
– Israel : The country has announced that it is postponing its tour back to August 1 for tourists, and is ready for new measures to control the corona virus infection, and that cases are on the rise in the country despite a massive vaccination campaign. According to Israeli Prime Minister Naphtali Bennett, the pollution is caused by the spread of delta variation. As of June 23, the increase in these cases was small compared to other countries, with a seven-day average of 50 cases. The country, proud to be the first country to emerge from a health crisis due to an extensive vaccination campaign, reaffirmed its obligation to wear a mask in closed public places and businesses on June 25.
Increase due to delta variability and weak vaccine campaign
The arrival of the delta variant was also felt in countries where the vaccination campaign was sluggish. Therefore, the resurgence of the epidemic in these countries was very strong:
– On RussiaRussia released more than 20,000 new corona virus infections and 568 deaths in 24 hours, according to figures released Thursday by the government. The eruption from mid-June is carried out by delka variation, which represents almost 90% of the pollution in Moscow. On Sunday, the Russian capital (more than 12 million people) reported 144 deaths in 24 hours, the worst number since the outbreak. On Saturday, 107 people died in St. Petersburg, the country’s second-largest city and one of the host cities of Euro football. St. Petersburg, which hosts the euro tournament, recorded the highest daily death toll from the country’s corona virus since the outbreak on June 26, with 107 deaths in the last 24 hours.
– In Bangladesh, Residents will be required to stay in their homes from Monday, and only companies working in emergency services and exports will be allowed to continue their operations. Most economic activity, including markets, trade, transportation and offices, should be halted by Thursday. The measures, imposed after more than 6,000 new cases were registered on Thursday and 108 deaths were recorded on Friday, sparked a massive exodus from Dhaka workers on Sunday, who could lose their livelihoods. More than 880,000 infections and more than 14,000 deaths have been reported in Bangladesh since Govt-19, which is underestimated, according to experts.
– On Indonesia, Broke a new record with more than 21,000 new infections in just 24 hours this Sunday, while breaking the milestone of two million cases earlier this week. The number of new daily cases has doubled in recent weeks in the archipelago where the existence of the delta variant that emerged in India has been confirmed. According to the latest official data, the country is trying to accelerate the pace of vaccination when only 7% of its population has received at least one dose. Numerous infections among vaccinated caregivers have raised questions about the effectiveness of the Sinovac vaccine, which is made in China, and Indonesia is highly dependent on its propaganda.
Increase in cases due to Brazilian variation
The Brazilian variant is one of France’s “concerns” about public health. Further infection, which can resist vaccination and cause re-infection. It is present in more than 54 countries and especially in South America, with the rise in Govt-19 cases in particular:
– In Brazil Infection has never really been reduced. However, the country noted the record of Govt-19 infections on Wednesday, with 115,228 new cases identified in 24 hours, according to a recent report by the Ministry of Health. This peak will confirm the arrival of the third wave. Only 11.36% of the population is fully vaccinated and their health is deteriorating. However, life in most cities of the country seems to have returned to almost normal, with restaurants, bars and shops open and a large number of masked men on the streets.
– On Colombia This is more than the 100,000 deaths associated with the epidemic on Monday. In March, the country saw an average of 3,000 cases in seven days. This renaissance was identified in early April and control measures have been taken. But with the exception of the Brazilian variant, since April 28, protests by thousands of Colombians have escalated, provoked by strong police repression, and the measures have been ineffective.
Read this too
Increasing cases during weak vaccine campaign
Until then, if the African continent had been less affected by the epidemic, the World Health Organization (WHO) would have been concerned about the third wave of Govt-19 cases. “Multiply and Accelerate” With variations. However, the continent is most vulnerable because it has received very few anti-Govt vaccines. In Africa, 1% of the population is fully vaccinated. The situation is even more serious:
– On South Africa A highly infectious and resistant variant has been developed for some vaccines. It can also cause re-infections. As of Saturday, 8,762 new cases had been identified, the highest daily number since January. The government is considering additional measures in the face of these epidemics caused by delta variation. “We are entering an epidemic of epidemics,” he said. Tulio de Oliveira, one of the country’s leading virologists, warned. South Africa is the continent most affected by the virus, accounting for more than 35% of all reported cases in Africa. Severely affected by the second wave at the end of 2020, it has doubled the number of daily pollutants in recent weeks and increased the number of hospital admissions by nearly 60%.
– On Namibia According to the WHO, a large number of weekly cases have been reported since the onset of the epidemic. This is a sign of the concern that this country represents, which has been added to the list of countries classified as “red” by the government.
In the same case
Most read articles
Thunderstorm Warning: 19 fields in Orange Alert, access forecast
Expertise after the death of two vaccinated residents in nursing homes: Vaccine failure?
European Health Pass, The Key to the Holidays: Here’s How to Get It
Building collapses in Florida: Death toll rises to 5, 156 missing, disaster yet to be described
The Tour de France complains against the spectator at the appearance of the joint fall
Protects the purpose of information
Verified And thanks for the income
To help us maintain this free service, you can “change your preferences” and accept all cookies.
Modify and accept everything
“Tv expert. Writer. Extreme gamer. Subtly charming web specialist. Student. Evil coffee buff.”