Covid-19: Conx vs. Flames game postponed after new positives

Conax now has three individuals for COVID-19.

Article content

The Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Flames game at Rogers Arena on Wednesday night has been postponed after another Canucks player and one of the coaching staff turned a positive test for COVID-19.

It comes two days after the Canucks forward tested a positive for the Adam Guided Corona virus novel. The test results were released Tuesday, when he was already in the snow training with his teammates.

Signs of new positives are unknown at this time.

“The National Hockey League announced today that two Vancouver Connex players (including one player who was added to the Covid Protocol list after being released to ET at 5:00 pm this evening) as well as members of their coaching staff have entered the NHL’s Covid Protocols and the team’s game against the Calgary Flames will be postponed tonight. The league, the NHLBA and the club’s medical teams have taken action. The league will provide further updates tomorrow, “the NHL said in a statement after 6pm, adding that the game was originally scheduled to start at 7:30 pm

Article content

Unlike Cuddett’s results, which came about 24 hours after the test, Wednesday’s additional positive was about eight hours earlier than the tests taken in the morning. The team paid to expedite the testing process.

This is the fifth game involving the Canadian team that has been postponed this season due to COVID-19 protocols; The Montreal Canadians postponed four games earlier this month after Joel Army tested positive for the COVID-19 variant. It is unknown at this time what he will do after leaving the post.

The crew, who arrived from Calgary as originally planned, will stay overnight on the West Coast, traveling to Edmonton on Thursday, where they are scheduled to face the Oilers on Friday.

Earlier on Wednesday, Canucks head coach Travis Green said he would not say Cuddett’s case was a variation and that Tuesday’s tests did not offer further advantages, so the team was preparing to play the game as usual.

“We are following the NHL protocol and getting ready to play a game tonight,” he said. “When you got the news yesterday, you were always thinking about it. Last night we had a good idea that it would be nice to go this morning.”

“If there are any changes, the players will know first, and I hope the media will know next,” he added, adding that things could change between then and game time.

Article content

This is the second time this season that Conox players have made it to the NHL’s Govt – 19 protocol list. Jordi Ben was considered positive before the start of the season and was out for 14 days as a result, although he said after returning to action that he had not experienced any symptoms.

J.D. Miller was also on the COVID-19 list for a week because he was considered a close associate of Penn. As a result he missed the first three games of the season.

Many games in the United States were postponed earlier this season as American clubs erupted.

[email protected]

twitter.com/risingaction

Sophia Harrison

Part time worker

I'm Sophia Harrison working as a part-time staff at the Costco since the past year until I become as an author at the iron blade, hope I can use my experiences with the supermarkets here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top